Monday, March 31, 2008
Look for the full show listing later this week.
Above is a sneak peak at "The Invisibles", one of the many collaborative works from Kathie & Brandt that will be debuting next Friday evening.
We look to be receiving over a dozen large collaborative works, a nice array of smaller solo works from each and almost a dozen collaborative custom works as well... going to be a stunning show.
We've also posted some add'l sneak peak shots at the following link:
If you would like to receive the preview for this amazing show, be sure to send in your request this week to firstname.lastname@example.org - we plan to send the preview out next Monday morning.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Anthony's looking at a number of group shows this year and will also be gearing up for his solo at Thinkspace in our project room planned for next February. Can't wait for that one!
Anthony is also currently featured in the show we helped curate out at the Cypress College Art gallery that is on view through mid-April.
More on the Cypress College "Intersections" show here: http://www.sourharvest.com/thinkspace/2008/project/intersections/index.php
LOOK HERE: four great works from that show are still on hand - check out our site at:
For more on Anthony, check out his MySpace at:
Thursday, March 27, 2008
For more, and pics of the pieces in question, check out Lori's blog here:
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Hi-Fructose Magazine has just relaunched their site. Along with an awesome design courtesy of the one and only Ert O'Hara, the new site includes an art calendar, online store and at long last, a Hi-Fructose blog. Click on over now to check it out.
Issue #7 is now on stands including features with KuKula, KMNDZ and many more - grab it!!!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Sunday, March 23, 2008
- Turf One (see above - that's a hand cut character measuring 47x80" - SUPER stoked to be working with this artist from Canada - building up towards a big show in our project room next fall and more past that).
- Anthony Clarkson (for our show at the Cypress College now on view, we've sold every piece we've ever received from Anthony and after selling out his portion of this past Nov's show, he's a bunch of new collectors on board - look for him in a number of group shows with 1988 and others this summer/fall as builds towards a solo in our project room next spring).
- Cherri Wood (also for Cypress show) - some of her biggest works on paper yet, just stunning and all are really beautifully framed as well.
- A couple great new works from Ekundayo - look for his show with KMNDZ, "Red Forest", this October at Thinkspace... don't sleep on 'Dayo.
- One of the best new true pop surrealists on the scene... VA's David MacDowell just delivered four new beauties (one was already snapped up before we got them in-house)... check him out, he's come out of nowhere and we've got a show next year already on the books. Can't wait for this one - just crisp, strong works incorporating a myriad of pop culture influences... matched with one of the most inspiring imaginations I've seen in some time.
- Flying/hanging sculptures from OH's Kevin Titzer - look for a video of these to be posted soon - they are just amazing!
- Leontine Greenberg just sent us a great new array of her bird themed works on paper - all nicely framed and ready for their new homes. We'll have these on view, along with a couple others we already had on hand, in our back project room area during Kathie & Brandt's opening this April. She's gathering some nice group shows over the coming months and we sold out of her works at this past Jan's API Benefit show... just cleaver, fun works.
- Yuka Yamaguchi from Canada by way of Japan has delivered some large new watercolor works on paper that just have to be seen - more from her next year as well.
- And there are still some BEAUTIFUL works on hand from our recent show with Sarah Joncas and Camilla d'Errico. Both have schedules to be envious of over the coming year and going into 2009, so the time is now before things take another jump due to the ever increasing demand... and with Camilla's Dark Horse line now hittin' shops...
- Speaking of past shows, Zach Johnsen from this past Feb's "The Trinity"... this kid's upcoming year is amazing. Plus he's working with Josh Liner out in NYC, so his profile is sure to continue to grow... and his style is so twisted, yet beautiful... HUGE FAN of his work - hoping others catch wind soon. Solo show in our project room this fall... can't wait!
- Last, but certainly not least, KuKula's new show, "Dreamcatcher", is on view for another couple weeks - come on through, she really did an amazing job on this show and we couldn't be more proud of all the hard work she put into the show.
View 'Available Artwork' from the Thinkspace backroom and current show(s) here:
* Look for more new works to be posted later this week...
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Fri, March 21st 7-11PM
The Grind Gallery
12222 Venice Blvd. in Los Angeles
"Darkness Falls" – group exhibition
(On view through April 4th)
Sat, March 22nd 7-10PM
Carmichael Gallery of Contemporary Art
1257 N. La Brea Ave in West Hollywood / 323.969.0600
“Anything Could Happen” featuring Faith47, Johnny Yanok, Joulu, Mike Kershner and Misery
Sat, March 22nd 7-10PM
Corey Helford Gallery
8522 Washington Blvd in Culver City / 310.287.2340
“Twenty Two” featuring new works from Korin Faught
Sat, March 22nd 7-10PM
1928 W Olive St., Burbank
"Botched Saints: Icons of the Faithless" – Jeremy Cross
(On view through March 31st)
Sat, March 22nd 7-10PM
Lab 101 Space
8539 Washington Blvd. in Culver City
"Here Is Where You'll Find Me" - small photos by Ashley Tibbits and David Horvitz
(On view through April 23rd)
Sat, March 22nd 1-5PM
7308 Melrose Ave in Los Angeles / 323.938.0091
Plasticgod solo show complete with contests, DJ R-Rated and DJ Colby and more
Sat, March 22nd 7-11PM
210 E. Main St., Alhambra / 626.458.7482
“King Kong: A Fistful Of Quarters” DVD signing with Scott Campbell and the producer and director of the movie, along with Jon Gibson (I AM 8BIT)
Sat, March 22nd 6-10PM
510 S. Hewitt Street, Unit 506 in downtown Los Angeles near Little Tokyo
“First Editions Print Show” – Poketo’s inaugural show at the new studio introducing limited edition letterpressed and giclee prints by 25 international artists
Sat, March 22nd 8-11PM
Wax Poetic Gallery
3208 West Magnolia Blvd in Burbank / 818.843.9469
New works from Aaron Kraten
(On view through May 15th)
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Check out the article here:
Check the action out here: http://www.juxtapoz.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2796&Itemid=1
"A marvelously festive collection of work." - Juxtapoz.com
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
“The Vision's Horizon”
Giclee print on Hahnemuhle Photo Rag fine art archival paper
Hand-signed & numbered by the artist
Limited Edition of 40
16"x20" (12"x18" image area)
This new print will be posted for ordering in the 'Prints' section of our site this Friday afternoon.
Don't miss the opening this Friday - by far her strongest collection of works to date!
And be sure to keep an eye on what Sarah's up to over at her Live Journal here: http://teapartygirl.livejournal.com/
Check out some available works from Sarah here:
VinylPulse.com preview: http://www.vinylpulse.com/2008/03/kukula---dreamc.html#more
OH... and let's not forget our special show this Wed at the Cypress College - check out Juxtapoz.com's preview of the show here: http://www.juxtapoz.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2702&Itemid=1
Monday, March 3, 2008
I've been invited to do a blog over at www.slamxhype.com and I'll be looking to update it every few days with bits of info on artists we're diggin' and much, much more.
Check it out here:
HUGE weekend for art shows coming up this Fri/Sat - get out there and support!
If you have not yet checked out the current shows from Sylvia Ji (at CHG) or Swoon (at New Image), then be sure to check them out before they're gone - you won't be disappointed.