Thursday, September 4, 2008

More FUTURA news surfaces...

From the fine folks over at SuperTouchArt:

Presented by Krunk, Futura’s “Strategic Synchronicity” show, his first ever LA solo exhibition will open on Thursday September 18th for a limited four-day run before closing its doors on Sunday September 21st. While the exact location of the downtown LA venue remains top secret (keep an eye on ST for the exclusive reveal in coming days), the tour-de-force show represents the originator’s return to form with a staggering body of new work every bit as stunning as his 1980s aerosol masterpieces. When questioned about his choice of a West Coast venue for this landmark show, Futura explains, “LA was an obvious destination for me to showcase this collection. The city has so many incredible creatives who I consider as friends and whose work I respect enormously, it’s about time I hit LA, particularly with this collection. Above all, I’m looking forward to having some fun presenting and creating this new work in the city.” Keeping the full range of his fanbase in mind, Futura has created an array of paintings and drawings with prices starting at $1,500 and ranging up to $100,000K+. Ever the technology fiend, the artist has embraced new mediums and techniques in executing these new paintings, which have been realized on canvases, stretched onto aluminum (in order to prevent warping due to environmental factors), and are oftentimes accompanied by specifically devised music scores and short film trials. When asked how this new body of work relates to his epic, earlier paintings, Futura said, “I consider this collection my best work yet. When I started on it I could feel myself about to explode. After all these years of development, it reflects my growth and evolution. I want this work considered on its merits, and in that sense, I’m going right back to the beginning.”

As this event draws closer, I'm sure word will be spreading in a big way, but we're amped for this show and we'll be sure to pass along anything we hear on it here too.


More info, images and videos here: http://madkrunk.com/krunk_futura.html

No comments: